Friday, February 22, 2013

A Wonderful Visit

Last weekend, we were thrilled to welcome Coleman and Darren to visit us!!! My sister and I are very very close and I just adore her and never see her enough. Its just so sad that she lives on the other side of the state. While they were here, we did so many things!!! Mountain biking, Dupont hikes, Moonshine Mountain and the Greenville Zoo. It was so great to catch up with them and spend time together. We hiked the Cedar Rock trail and the view was so lovely. Awesome photo opps! The dogs had a blast too. I had never experienced such a place as Moonshine Mountain! It was located right around the corner from us in Hendersonville. It is a snow tubing park and I highly reccommend it! It was fun and absolutely hilarious. We tubed for almost 2 hours. After tubing, we went to Hotdog World (also located in Hendersonville). SO good!!! To finnish off the weekend, we headed to the Greenville Zoo in South Carolina. I had never been to this zoo. It was small but really great!!!! There were tons of beautiful animals. My favorites of course, were the elephants. They were just glorious. I could've sat in front of them the entire day! There were also lions, monkeys, leopards, orangutans, ocelots, gators and much more. The giraffes had a beautiful little baby named Kiko. He was too cute! We were also able to FEED many of the animals which was so much fun. My favorite creature to feed was by far Bubba the tortise. He was huge (425 lbs!!!) and was very slow and old (born in 1965!). I hope to go back to this zoo again sometime soon. The tickets were less than 8 dollars! We said goodbye to Coleman and Darren after the zoo. I was SO sad to see them go!!! So was Boo. So to make ourselves feel better, we headed to downtown Greenville for some food (our most serious form of comfort...hehe). I had read about The Green Room in Southern Living Magazine. They are in the ranking for "the south's best restaurant" and they won the title of "nation's best french fry." I am a lover of all things fried. Let me tell you....those fries were out of control!!!! Seriously the BEST I have EVER had in my life! They are called parmesan truffle fries. We also got burgers which were delish. If you are in Greenville, SC you are a FOOL to not go get some!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment