Saturday, December 3, 2011

Short Bus

Welcome home Short Bus! Yesterday Townsend and I traveled to South Carolina to look at a horse. We took the trailer with us. We had a good feeling about it.....


Thank goodness we did! We came home with a horse! We are very lucky to have a wonderful contact in SC named Laurie. She is so great at finding wonderful horses. She has a great eye for the good ones. We bought a lovely little horse from her for camp last year.


Shorty (as we are calling him) is very green but oh so sweet. He is fun to ride and I can't wait to start working with him consistently. I think that he will learn his job willingly and quickly. He is a really good boy. He is already settling in well at camp. His new pasture buddy is Redford. So obviously, he is a big fan. I mean really, who isn't a big fan of Redford?



Hopefully I will be able to ride him tomorrow. I figured I'd give him today to settle in with his new home. I'm so happy to have a new project pony to work with. I still miss Truman every day. But I know that life goes on and I still want to continue riding. Its what I love and its who I am.


1 comment:

  1. you had a "good feeling" about a horse you hadn't met named "short bus"? really?! well i'm glad he's working out, and he is cute as a button! i want to ride him for my "celebrity guest ride" next summer :) i think we'd match.

    ReplyDelete