Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Winter Wonderland

Today was the first day of snow this season! After dealing with so much snow last year, I must admit I'm not the hugest fan. However, I'd be lying if I said that I didnt think it is beautiful. I was happy to see it today. It was just a tiny amount. Not enough to freeze the roads or get in my way at the barn. Just enough to make it really feel like Christmas time.



This afternoon, Boo and I went to a Christmas tree farm in Toxaway. It was so fabulous! I just didnt realize how pretty it would be with snow on all of the trees!




After much careful consideration, we finally decided on a fairly large one.


The farm owner was a super nice guy. The farm has been in his family for decades. After he helped up cut down the tree we loaded it onto Boo's car. There was a small little cabin on the property. He invited us inside to warm up by the wood stove. We even toasted marshmallows! Ahhhh I do love these mountains and the people who live in them.

1 comment:

  1. oh man that looks awesome and makes me miss wnc and YOU GUYS sooooo much. we'll have to find a tree at a grocery store this year, probably. buzz kill, huh? lots of love to the boo family!

    ReplyDelete