Monday, January 30, 2012

Welcome Home Draggo!!!

So, for a few weeks now I've known that I was going to be getting a new horse. I was afraid to blog about him because I just didnt want to jinx the situation. Now that hes finally here, I can share my wonderful news with everyone!!


I miss Truman so much. I especially miss seriously riding. Redford is definitely my trail buddy, but I wanted to get into combined training. I really miss jumping. I finally decided to look for another horse. I definitely wanted another Off The Track Thoroughbred. I was referred to a wonderful organization called After the Races. The people that are involved in the program are just unbelievable. I just can't say enough nice things about them. They are located in Pennsylvania. They take retired thoroughbreds and find them new homes. I told Jessica (who is the person in charge) what type of horse I wanted and she mentioned Draggo.


After looking at his pictures and videos on their website, I really knew I was interested in him. After a long, long trip, Draggo is finally here with us at camp!!! The moment Boo and I saw him in person, we knew that he was everything we were hoping for. He is SO sweet and laid back! I just couldnt believe how sweet he was! When he met Redford for the first time, they touched noses and my heart melted.


I know I will always miss Truman. There will always be a place in my heart just for him. But I'm also really happy that I can give Draggo a second chance. Hopefully, he'll be willing to give me a chance too.


"Every horse is good for something. You know, you don't throw a whole life away just 'cause he's banged up a little."-Tom Smith (Seabiscuit's Trainer)

No comments:

Post a Comment