Tuesday, November 1, 2011

CANTER

After researching many different organizations that help "Off the Track Thoroughbreds" find new homes. I chose CANTER since they seem the most thorough with their placings and they also have barns that work with these horses in North Carolina. I put up a sign at the sale that said that I would be donating 10% of all income from the sale to Canter. I have been tallying up all of the checks and cash that I deposited from the sale. From this, I will be able to send Canter a check for $200!!!! I am beyond thrilled about this! I am so happy that so many people like my work and purchased pieces. I also am hopeful that more people will place orders with me for custom work. 10% from all of those pieces will also go to Canter. If you are interested in more about Canter, here is their website:

www.canterusa.org

I love that this organization is finding homes for so many amazing horses. They all need homes so badly. I can't imagine how hard their lives are on the track. But with Canter, they are able to have happy long lives with their new jobs and new homes. I hope that one day I will be able to adopt one. I had a blast with Truman. I know that one day my heart will be open to another. I miss him every day, but there are more smiles than tears now. I have hope for the days to come......

No comments:

Post a Comment