Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Hot Pepper Jelly

Today we pulled a TON of peppers from the garden! I don't care what anyone says...gardening is a BLAST. I love to be able to have so many tasty fresh things from my yard!


I looked up a few recipes online and picked one. It was pretty easy once I finnished chopping up all the peppers. The hot ones were tough! My eyes are still watering!


I love canning things! I have so many things stored up for the winter already. I'm also planning on giving a lot of friends baskets full of hand made items for Christmas. But this pepper jelly is so tasty, I might not want to share! Its super tasty on top of cream cheese and a cracker.


Here's the recipe:

2 1/2 cups of finely chopped red bell peppers
1 1/4 cups of finely chopped green bell peppers
1/4 cup of finely chopped jalapeno peppers
1 cup of apple cider vinegar
2 (1.75oz) packages powdered pectin
5 cups of white sugar
*rinse and drain the peppers after chopping*

Place all chopped peppers in large saucepan over high heat. Mix in vinegar and pectin. Stirring constantly, bring mix to a full rolling boil. Quickly stir in sugar. Return to full rolling boil. Boil 2 minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim off any foam with metal spoon. Quickly ladle jelly into sterilized jars filling to within 1/4 inch of the tops. Cover with flat lids and screw bands tightly. Flip jars upside down and leave for 45 minutes to an hour. Check tops afterwards and make sure jars are sealed.

ENJOY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment