Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Green River Race

Yesterday, Boo participated in the Green River race. It was a really great day and well worth all the effort that he had put into it. During the last few weeks leading up to the race, I could tell he was a bit consumed with thoughts of the race. Lots of practicing on the river, careful planning of which lines to run and endless watching of paddling videos.


We had many friends come from out of town for the race. The hike in (and out for that matter) was much harder than I had remembered!!! But it was completely worth it to be there at the race cheering Boo on. He was one of the last racers and watching all of the others was really stressful for me. When he finally came down the rapids, I was so very proud of him. He really is amazing at paddling and I rarely give him enough credit for how talented he is. He did so great!!!! I have a sore throat from cheering so loudly for him.


But I truly think what impacted me the most about the race was how many friends came out to cheer Boo on. He had a fan club at the very top of the race all the way to the very bottom. We even had one friend who drove here all the way from Indiana (somewhere around 13 hours!!!). Seeing them there and hearing them congratulate him afterwards made my heart melt. We truly are so very lucky and blessed to be surrounded by so many incredible friends. I know that we are so loved by so many. It makes me get teary eyed just thinking about it. Few people are as lucky as we are to have such a huge family of friends up here. Very few.

No comments:

Post a Comment