Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Who I Am

Yesterday I decided to ride Redford for the first time in about 2 months. I don't normally like to go on trail by myself. I don't feel like its very safe. However, this was Redford. And Redford is wonderful. As soon as I was in the saddle, I was overcome with emotions. Happiness to be on him again. Sadness in missing Truman. Through everything that happened with Truman, I was very lucky to still have Redford. We have been together for 5 years. Its crazy to think its been that long. Sometimes, I feel like I just got him yesterday. He really is a cool horse. I certainly miss jumping and showing with him, but he still has so much fun in him. He is always and will always be a good boy.


When Truman died, I didn't think I'd ever want to ride again. My heart was broken. It still is. I'm getting better every day. And I'm starting to realize that its ok to always have a spot in my heart that will be for him. I know that I will see him again. Being on Redford made me realize that I will never stop riding. I will always have horses in my life. They are good for my heart and soul. They make me realize how much there is in this world to be thankful for. I will always be a rider because thats who I AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment