Wednesday, September 14, 2011

ECU Equestrian Team

Back in my days at ECU, I was lucky to be a member of the equestrian team. It was such a wonderful experience for me and I loved it. I met wonderful people and it truly set course for all of the rest of the good things to come within my life. My coach, Ellen, found me my horse Redford. Then she reccommended I work at Camp High Rocks (she used to run the barn there!). Well, the rest is history. I came to camp, found a wonderful job and its even where I met Boo. Townsend (the owner of camp) has taken wonderful care of me here and she is the reason I am the owner of Truman. I also gained an incredible group of friends through the team. I am still very close with many of those girls and consider them my best friends to this day.


I just found out tonight that the team is doing incredible and they are hosting a show next month. I am so proud of them and all of the wonderful things they are doing. It makes my heart smile to know that they are carrying on this wonderful experience. Not only do these girls get to ride amazing horses, they get to develop relationships with dozens of others who share their passion. I am sending a few examples of my animal portraits to the president of the team. There will be a drawing at the show and the winner will receive an 8x10 portrait of their horse. It is a very small act, but at least its something I can do to express my gratitude to this wonderful team that truly changed my life.

Here is their new fabulous website:
http://ecuequestrian.weebly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment