Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Theres no place like HOME

Today was the first full day of having Truman back home. I am truly exhausted...but beyond thrilled to have him here. He has to be fed every six hours so his feeding schedule is pretty tough. I am feeding him 6am, 12pm, 6pm and 12am. Since we are working a program right now, I don't get home until around 9pm. I tried to go to bed for early last night but I just sat up for a bit. I can quite often be a worrier. You can imagine how much my worry-meter has gone up since I've brought him home. But he is doing great. He greets me with a sweet little neigh everytime I enter the barn. That makes getting up at 5:30am and midnight all the more worth it. I think I'd be willing to sleep in the stall with him at night if he needed me to. Last night's midnight feeding was quite eventful. Sally and Nicholas went with me and we ran into 3 raccoons AND a skunk! Truman has been really great for his walks too. He loves to get out and walk around camp with me. Boo even got him today and took him for a walk with a few campers. Truman of course loved it. Redford has done a really good job of being a babysitter, companion and big brother. I am so happy to have them both once again at camp with me. I am so thankful for all the wonderful things in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment