Monday, September 5, 2011

One BIG happy family

For several years, I have had a blog for my paintings. I have kept up with it relatively well. I always wondered if anyone even read it. Its easy to see if people are reading your facebook. There's comments, posts, thumbs ups, messages..... But you never really know if anyone is reading your blog. So then you wonder, whats the point? I recently updated my blog and added a tracker to see if anyone in fact, reads my blog. I was pleasantly surprised to see that people actually DO read it! In fact, it averages around 5 to 10 readers A DAY!
This brings me to my current decision: to start a current personal blog. I wish that it was something that everyone had to do these days. I grew up in Greenville, North Carolina. I went to college at East Carolina University. Five summers ago, I met Zach Nichols (affectionately nicknamed Boo). He went to school at the University of Alabama. This past summer, we made our official move up here to Cedar Mountain, North Carolina. In our family, we have 2 golden retrievers and 2 horses AND 2 cats. What a blast it has been so far! We have decided to write this blog to share with all of our friends about our lives.
At first I wondered, "what if nobody reads this blog?" Or, "what if I have nothing interesting to blog about?" And then it hit me: why not live my life to the utmost and make it worth blogging about? There is a huge world out there and its just waiting to be enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment